Hope, Innovation, Progress, Support:
The 2008 Midwest Regional Brain Tumor Conference
June 28, 2008, Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel
A free educational event for patients, caregivers & family members.
1. Brain Tumors: What are they and where do the come from?
—Tania Carreón-Valencia, MS, PhD
2. Overview of Brain Tumor Treatment: Surgery
—Christopher McPherson, MD
3. Overview of Brain Tumor Treatment: Radiation
—John Breneman, MD
4. Overview of Brain Tumor Treatment: Chemotherapy
—Margie Gerena Lewis, MD
5. Frontiers for the Future of Brain Tumor Treatment
—Ronald Warnick, MD
6. Managing Symptoms & Side Effects of Brain Tumors
—Tara Orgon Stamper, CNRN, ANP-BC
7. Five Points for the Journey
—Jennifer Fonseca & Harriet Patterson, MPH.
8. Psychological Effects of Brain Tumors on Patients & Caregiver
—Aileen Bankemper, PhD
9. Lessons on Life & Spirituality
—Kenneth Czillinger, MDiv
10. Life Comes at You Fast